Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 A Year that Was...


I can say that this year has been about family. Most of the months I spent with both sides. A feat knowing I haven't been able to do that in a very long while. So to summarize here's what I have done this year: 

January:
I did something that shook up my work place. For the first time, I walked out while on duty. At that moment, I just couldn't take it. I have been tolerant for the longest time, did things against my will and allowed so much degrading I could muster and I just snapped. And they finally saw what I could do. Made people believe I was really leaving. Prompt them to listen up. 

February:
Spent another Valentines and Birthday not being with him. Two of the most romantic occasions wherein you should be with your significant other and I ended up celebrating with reliable friends. Should I be sad about this reality or hold on to the saying that random moments happen when you don't realize the date on the calendar? 

* I become a better cook. Experimented with different dishes, different ingredients, different desserts. Learned a lot of techniques through internet, tv and advises. I think this prepares me for being domestic one day.

* I put my hand into sewing. Something I wanted to do. Made use of my handy, hand-held portable sewing machine. Was able to finish a cute kitchen curtain and the one for our room. Gave me back and shoulder pains afterwards. But at least now I can tell myself I can sew.

* I taught myself how to do threading. By watching youtube and observing the hands of this lady who did it for me. Practiced it to my family. 

* I taught myself how to burn a document to a cd. For the longest time I wanted to learn it, and I finally did. By now, I probably forgot how...

* Passed the Civil Service Eligibility 21 Oct. 2012. Did Self Review for about a month and prayed very hard. On the exam day, I wore my lucky green blouse. I thought I did well but there are also a lot of questions I wasn't sure of my answers. On 8 Dec. 2012, I was holding my rosary when I scanned the results, and there I saw my name! I was screaming and shouting! This is how it feels passing, now I know! 

* I went through depressing phase of acne once again. This recurring problem that never left me since adolescence. Turned out I use a wrong product Diprolene which triggered acne. And so asked the help of Dermatologist to no avail. What a waste. Glad to switch to proactiv and althea. Did some natural remedies of baking soda and lemon etc. So far, it has worked. I know I couldn't be flawless but at least now I wont be terrified of going out. 

* I learned to hold on and work things out through a long distance relationship. It becomes difficult most of the time since we only connect through the airwaves but when love bonds you in so many ways, you stay strong together. 

* I spent time reading good books, though The Kite Runner stood out. I can't get over the story until around one week, it truly affected me so. 

* My faith increased. I have received numerous little miracles. I treasure the times I get to go to Blessed Sacrament and enjoy the serenity and the presence of the Holy Spirit. God always delivers for me, He never fails. Especially during the times when I thought all was lost, He always finds a way for me to get back on my feet and smile. He is my rock. The only One whom I know who will never leave me.

* Enjoyed the times with cousins. Its a wonderful feeling to be reunited with the people of your bloodlines. The ones I haven't seen for a couple of years. I'm always thankful that this year, I get to be with them. 

* I got to travel. We went to Caraga, Palawan and Cebu. Its a milestone I would say. And my family was with me so we have bonded a lot. Being in a different place lets you see life's other side. Its a refreshing feeling. 

* I realized how driven I have become. That there are still many things I could learn and succeed if I really put my will into each task I want. I could be invincible in many ways, on my own, if I dedicate myself wholeheartedly. 

There are so many things I haven't written to which I should be thankful and grateful for, I just couldn't remember them, lucky breaks, countless of blessings have been poured without me noticing. Things that were not meant for me, nonetheles, I am indebted to the One and Only Saviour of my life. What will I do without You, O God? You never fail me. Please stay with me as I journey this rich life You have given me. Thank You, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment