Friday, November 2, 2012

At the Memorial

I have been looking forward to this day. A chance to visit dead loved ones, a chance to be in a place in such a date and a chance to be with family. It took forever just to get inside. But once we were there, the euphoria sank in. And so the moment I was with our cousins, I knew then that this is the place to be. Updates, updates and more updates. Conversation, food, laughter are such wonderful combinations. We talked about lots of stories, reminisce about funny moments, boasting a little, name it. I don't think I laugh or enjoyed myself like this in a long time. What a relief. So couple of hours and I was having so much fun. Never mind the nagging thought I had since yesterday about the affairs of my heart. Whenever I am with my cousins, I get lost. So I thought maybe, I can make myself happy even without him as long as I am with my family. Being in this carefree moments gave me a glimpse that maybe  I still have that old spine in me, that independent streak that helped during times of weakness. I truly pray that God would grant me this one thing I am asking. Just to find and reinvent myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment