Monday, November 19, 2012

Away in Cebu

After 7 years, I get to go back to Cebu. This one is a family thing. My uncle's birthday and my father's brothers will all be going there. Great to know that everyone's interested on being there. Even Big Brother took some time off to be there. So we went to the airport where we were joined by cousins for our flight. After Palawan, now we are surrounded with familiar people. So we were fetched from the airport and we found that they already prepared dinner. 7 years and a lot has changed. They renovated the house. My lady cousin got married and now has a husband and a baby living in the house. They bought a different car. So much has changed but not their excellent hosting skills. So much has changed but not much for my family, I guess. What I saw was admiration for them. They are so endeared with each other unlike us who can't seem to get through a day without clashing. And look how life is treating them. So it was one way of seeing the situation we currently have. Why it has become so difficult living the exact way we were living before. And shouldn't I feel concerned? When I am the eldest whom everyone is looking up to? Does it really have to lie on my shoulders? I don't know where I should be headed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment